Sunday, July 08, 2012

3O day challenge : day 15

Day 15 — A fanfic 


I dont know if i was supposed to write one so i jusst took one ! ***** this is only the first chapter *****


We're In This Together, Forever & Always
Author: Spobyfan2199


found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8096410/1/Were_In_This_Together_Forever_Always


Chapter 1: Meet The Cavanaughs
"Toby! Are we set?" Spencer called from downstairs.
"Yeah, babe! Are the kids ready?" Toby called from upstairs.
"Yeah they're in the car waiting," Spencer said, as Toby came down the stairs, carrying the last box.
"I can't believe we're going back, after all these years living here," Spencer said, as she looked one last time around her home.
It was June, and summer was here. Spencer and Toby were moving back to Rosewood with their three kids. It had been over fifteen years, since they last heard from 'A', and the month before graduation, Spencer found out she was pregnant with Toby's child. They decided to keep it a secret, but her parents found out, and didn't take it to well. But after they had a little baby girl named Lilly Alison Cavanaugh, her parents decided to help out.
"I know babe, but you'll get to see your friends again," Toby reminded her.
"Yeah you're right, I can't wait to see them," she said happily.
Spencer hadn't seen her friends since her wedding, because she and Toby decided they didn't want their kids to grow up in Rosewood, so they moved to a different town in Pennsylvania and bought a two-story house, the right size for their family.
"Alright, let's go, the movers are waiting for us babe," Toby whispered in her ear, as he gave her a peck on the lips.
"Let's go," Spencer said, as she and Toby went outside to their car.
Toby gave the movers the last box and went inside the car, where he heard Spencer yelling at the kids to stop fighting.
"Chance, stop hitting your sister on the head!" Spencer yelled.
"Mom! He's still doing it!" yelled Lilly, who started scooting away from him.
"CHANCE, FOR THE LAST TIME, STOP HITTING YOUR SISTER!" Spencer shouted so hard, that Toby and the movers could hear them.
"Hey, hey, hey, what's going on here?" Toby asked as opened the car door and looked at his wife, then his children.
"Chance won't stop hitting me on the head!" Lilly said.
"Chance, when someone tells you to stop, you STOP," Toby said, glaring at his son.
"Yeah, why do you bother me, and not Cadence?" Lilly asked, turning around in her seat to look at her sister.
"Because, she's not mean to me and annoying like you are," Chance said.
"HEY!" Lilly said.
"Whatever! Just shut-"
"OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP! STOP ACTING LIKE IGNORANT FIVE-YEAR OLDS! DON'T MAKE A FUSS ABOUT LITTLE THINGS! SIT YOUR ASSES DOWN AND LISTEN TO MOM AND DAD!" Cadence yelled, from the backseat.
Spencer and Toby looked at their daughter. Lilly and Chance quickly shut up and slumped in their seats.
"Okay, well everyone, buckle up and get comfortable, cause this is going to be a long ride," Toby said, as he buckled himself up in the drivers seat and Spencer did the same only she was sitting in the passenger seat.
After about a couple hours of driving, they finally made it to Rosewood. Spencer looked behind her and saw that all four of her children were sleeping.
Even though they were tough to handle, they were still wonderful kids, especially Cadence. All of her kids looked like her and Toby. Lilly, who was fifteen and the oldest, had her mother's long brown locks and frame, but she had Toby's beautiful, ocean blue eyes. Chance, who was thirteen, and the third oldest, looked so much like Toby, with his shaggy brown hair, and cute smile, but he had Spencer's chocolate brown eyes. Then, there was little Aurora, who was six and the youngest; she looked like Spencer as well, with her long locks and Toby's blue eyes. And lastly, Cadence, who was fourteen, and the second oldest, had her mother's hair, and her father's smile and kind heart, but her most interesting feature was her eyes. Cadence's eyes were two colors. Her right eye was brown, while the left one was blue.
Spencer always wondered how that could happen to children, but the doctor said it was very rare to have two different eye colors. But Toby told her that Cadence was going to be a special girl, and he was right. Cadence was the only one of the three that had almost all of Spencer and Toby's features and personalities. For instance, Cadence has her mother's brain, determination, athleticism, and sarcastic side. But she also has her father's personality. Sweet, generous, forgiving, courageous, brave, caring, and so on. She was NOTHING like Lilly, Chance, or Aurora because instead of being annoying and arguing and showing a little disrespect, she agrees, listens, and is sometimes shy, but very friendly.
"I think we should wake up the kids, Toby," Spencer said quietly.
"Yeah, I'll wake up Cadence, and Aurora and you wake up Lilly and Chance," Toby said.
"Okay," she whispered.
It was always like this. Spencer would always deal with Lilly and Chance, while Toby had to deal with Cadence and Aurora. Cadence and Aurora shared a strong bond with Toby. When Cadence had a day off from school, Toby would sometimes take her to work, so she can help out. Lilly and Chance shared a bond with Spencer, since they seem to listen to her more than they do with Toby.
"Cadence...wake up CJ," Toby whispered, as he gently shook her. Her eyelids fluttered opened, reveling her beautiful eyes, that he can NEVER say no to.
"Mmph, where are we Dad?" she asked in the same raspy voice like Spencer when she woke up.
"We're in Rosewood, in front of our new house," he said.
"Oh, Dad?" she asked.
"Yeah CJ?" Toby asked.
"I'm...s-scared," she said, looking into her dad's eyes.
"Why?" Toby asked. This was one of the things he loved about his daughter. She wasn't afraid to admit how she feels. Except when it comes to boys, it's personal.
"What if there's someone who bullies me? What will I do? What if they humiliate me in front of the whole school? Like Brooklyn from my old school?" Cadence asked.
"CJ, if there's someone who's bulling you, come to Sam or me, he's your best friend and he'll stand up for you, but if you can't YOU stand up for what you believe in. Okay?" said Toby.
"Okay, thanks Dad," she said.
"That's my girl, now come on! I'll wake up Aurora and then let's go see our new home!" Toby said excitedly, and tried to jump up and down like an excited five year old, but ended up hitting his head on the car ceiling. This made Cadence burst out into laughter. Toby woke up Aurora and then they hopped out of their car and followed Spencer, Lilly, and Chance into the house.
As the Cavanaugh family walked into their new home, they were in awe. The house was huge! It was a two-story house, with five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a giant backyard with a pool and a hot tub, and a big living room.
"Oh my God!" the four kids said and then Lilly and Chance and Aurora started to run around the house, while Cadence and stood by her parents.
"Hello," said the real estate lady from behind them.
"Oh, hello!" Spencer said, as she shook hands with the lady.
"I'm Kelly, I'll be showing you around the house and helping you with...well, whatever you need," she said.
"Oh well, I'm Spencer, and this is my husband Toby and our daughter Cadence," Spencer said.
"Cadence, say hi to Kelly," Toby said.
"Hi," Cadence said, then quickly hid behind her dad's leg.
"Oh that's alright, everyone's shy, she'll get used to it," Kelly said smiling down at Cadence.
"Yeah and we have three other kids that are running around the house," Spencer said.
"Oh okay, well, I better get going, I have to pick up my daughter from school," she said.
"Oh, how old is she?" Toby asked.
"She's fourteen," Kelly said.
"Oh, Cadence is too, well it was nice meeting you Kelly," Toby said and shook her hand.
After they bid their goodbyes, Spencer gave Cadence her infamous Hastings' glare.
"Cadence, that wasn't polite, saying hi then hiding behind your father's leg," Spencer snapped.
"I'm...s-sorry Mom," Cadence said, looking at her mother.
"Cadence, you can't always apologize for not introducing yourself! You need to grow up and stop being shy around adults! You can't always hide behind your father's leg!" Spencer yelled.
"Spencer, STOP. This is a new place for her, don't get mad at her for not knowing anyone here," Toby warned.
"C-can I go upstairs please?" Cadence asked.
"Yes, you can CJ," Toby said, as Cadence ran upstairs.
"Spencer, what the freakin' hell?" Toby snapped at her.
"Toby, she's fourteen! But she's too shy and she barely says hi to adults! Have you seen her shaking behind your leg? We can't go easy on her all the time!" Spencer said.
"This is new for her, and I don't think snapping at her is going to help! I've seen fourteen year olds who are scared of their own shadows at her school!" Toby said.
"But Toby, how is she going to make any new friends without introducing herself to their parents? She only has her friends here from Rosewood! Heck, how is she going to talk to her teachers? She not is going to have your leg to hide behind!" Spencer said.
"She'll get used to it, just give her some time, Spence! I think the only reason she's scared is because she KNOWS you're going to judge her!" Toby said.
Spencer hesitated for a moment.
"You're right, I shouldn't have snapped at her, no, I SHOULDN'T snap at her at all. I'm going to go apologize to her," she said and she went upstairs.
"Cadence? CJ, where are you? I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier," Spencer said.
"I'm in here," said Cadence.
Spencer walked over to one of the bedrooms and found Cadence sitting on the wooden floor. She slid down next to her daughter.
"Cadence, listen, I'm so sor-"
"Mom, don't, it's totally fine. You were right, I should stop being shy around adults, and be brave like you," said Cadence.
"Cadence, why do forgive people so easily?" Spencer asked.
"Because, Dad told me that everyone should be forgiven, because we sometimes make mistakes we wish we didn't make, and that's why people should forgive each other more often," Cadence said.
"Well, you're just like him," Spencer said.
"I know right?" Cadence said sarcastically making Spencer laugh.
"Alright, well let's go downstairs and eat lunch, okay?"
"Yeah, I'm starving," Cadence said, as she and Spencer went downstairs, where they heard a knock at the door.
Toby went to the door and opened it, gasping.
"No way!" he said, and Spencer heard a familiar squeal.
"Oh my God," she whispered and ran over to the door and she indeed found the one person she missed.
Aria Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment